Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:32:59 EDT
From:         Chris Snyder <Ccsvanagon@WMCONNECT.COM>
Subject:      Fuel hose #2

Hello list:

After all the posts lately about fuel hose and hose replacement, I understand why now, and here is why!

I went to start my '87 this morning and it wouldn't start and run! It would start and die then I started smelling a strong older of fuel. I got out and beside the right rear of the bus I had a BIG puddle of fuel and it was dripping from the underside of the vehicle. The small hose that comes in from the plastic line had come off the plastic line because it was all cracked from age. I put a new piece on and all is well!

Now, I bought some 1/4 inch ID plastic air brake tubing as it is surpose to handle the 110 lb pressure better then the rubber hose. Is their any reason that I should not use this plastic tubing? I plan to replace all the hoses with it. It only cost 3.36 for 12 feet which is a little more then I figure I will need and new hose clamps as well.

Thanks for any information in advance.

Chris Snyder </HTML>