Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 09:31:27 -0400
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: h4 headlights
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Just wanted to chime in on this issue. I have a kit for the square H4 lights for the 86-91 Vanagons. It is $399 and come with the OE H4 light housings, bulbs, adjusters and the wiring plugs that you need to install these on your Vanagon. They make a big difference! I sold a set to my brother-in-law for his 86 Westy and he says "Now I can actually see where I am going at night!" They look stock but the low beams put out a lot more light just because of the better design of the reflector and the fluting on the glass. Plus if you put a relay in the system you can upgrade to even higher wattage bulbs (80-100w). So far my brother in law is happy with the stock wattage. The lights also have a city light in them that comes on when you turn on your parking lights (first click on the headlight switch). This is kinda neat, european feature that would get you some ohhs and ahhs at the next campout you go to. If you are interested you can check these out on our accessories page below: http://www.vanagain.com/acc_page.html

Hope this helps, Ken Wilford John 3:16 http://www.vanagain.com http://www.strictlyvwauctions.com http://www.eurovan.org http://www.vwcabrio.org Phone: (856)-327-4936 Fax: (856)-327-2242