Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Apr 2007 20:07:57 -0700
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Healthiest way to lead an UnHealthy Vanagon lifestyle? (a
              long attempt at Phrydey humour)
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <refisher@mchsi.com>

"snicker snicker"

"he said tits" ..... (laughs like Beevis)

Now I'm scared as I really haven't lost my cherry on inadvertant tasting of automotive fluids. Lots of dust, rust and assorted crap, but no fluids.

Booze? I can't drink Gin. And that was back in HS that I overloaded on that crap. It was a great Toga party though.

As for the response, although I'm no expert ("Hi Dr. Nick!!") isn't it part of the "flight fight, f**k" stuff?

You know; the smell of the T-rex that wiped out your tribe? (never mind that you were all drinking Southern Comfort). You'll never forget the smell of that T-rex!

As for a term how about "Auto Revolt?

Dr. Nick.

On 4/13/07, Robert Fisher <refisher@mchsi.com> wrote: > So one has to wonder if your habit of tasting untastable stuff has something > to do with your 'ruined sense of smell'...? > However I too have had the pleas... er ...um... experience of 'tasting' used > diff oil, when a 5-speed Rabbit tranny I was bench-pressing into place > rotated in my hands and drenched me from nose to tits. Can I say 'tits' on > here? > Anyway- I dunno about the dog turd but it left me with a similar reflex to > the smell as when I once knocked off most of a bottle of Southern Comfort in > one sitting- for years afterward the slightest whiff of either one would > make me nearly puke. I mean an intantaneous and violent reaction... > Makes you wonder how many other people that's happened too... (the oil, not > the booze). Maybe we should start a club. > > Cya, > Robert > > p.s.: I wonder if there's a word for that smell/retch response- it's common > enough I think; my wife can't stand the smell of tequila. If there isn't > there at least ought to be a sniglet for it. > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Bange" <jbange@GMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 4:26 PM > Subject: Re: Healthiest way to lead an UnHealthy Vanagon lifestyle? (a long > attempt at Phrydey humour) > > > > > > >> So what's the "unhealthiest" thing(s) you've done, as regards your > >> Vanagon, to keep it running, get it running, come to peace with it, > >> make amends with it, or just "Keep The Love Alive"? > >> > >> Tasted every fluid on board, sometimes intentionally (to ID a puddle), > > sometimes unintentionally (blorp! drip right in the mouth!), including the > > grand old master of disgusting tasting automotive fluids, 90 weight gear > > oil > > from the differential. It was so bad I felt like sucking a dog turd to > > get > > the taste out of my mouth. Now I always smell before tasting. My ruined > > sense of smell can't detect most things, but it can at least detect that > > whiff of sulfur that says "differential oil". > > > > -- > > John Bange > > '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger" >

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia.

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil