Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:50:57 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: storage pocket IN sliding door...was Re: Magazine racks?
Comments: To: JordanVw@AOL.COM

Clever thinking. I reckon if you could find some kinds of molded pocket/shelving unit that had a lip all round the side facing the inside of the van, you'd just need to cut an appropriate opening in the panel and screw the pocket into place. 'Course I have no idea what kind of obstacles are lurking behind the panel . . . -- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

JordanVw@AOL.COM typed: > In a message dated 4/16/07 12:58:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, > bfeddish@NETREACH.NET writes: > > >> My wife would like a magazine/book rack for the van. I've got allot of >> mahogany and Brazilian walnut sitting around so I though I'd make one. Does >> anyone have something like that in their vans? I'd like to get some design >> ideas. >> >> > > this brings me to think about the sliding door.. > there is at least like 4 inches of dead space between the sliding > doorpanel, and the outside sliding door sheetmetal itself. > this would be perfect for a storage pocket for thin items like magazines or > linens. > > if you remove your sliding doorpanel, and build a wood or aluminum frame in > there then make your own sliding doorpanel out of thin luann veneer covered > with the covering or paint or stain of your choice and then a wire rack or wood > slats to hold the items in from falling out.. > > if your crafty this would not be hard to make at all.. > > chris > > > > ************************************** > See what's free at http://www.aol.com. >