Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:08:57 -0400
From:         --------------------- <VW4X4@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Reinventing the wheel WAS Re: In praise of VW inline fours

YOu know.... I was just thinking. What if there was a flat head Boxer motor avaliable. Flat head is like and old 1930 something motor with the valves in the block... The head gasket would sure be simple. With the boxer engine the valves could be arranged just like an old Brigges and Straton lawn mower engine, to ensure valve guides got proper oiling. .....! Food for thought.... JOE. w