Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2007 08:45:32 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      In praise of Go Westy

Hello everyone - all the recent "in praise of" posts inspired me and I wanted to be sure to give props where they are due.

Becoming desparate (although I had a good back up plan provided by a list memeber) to find that damn shift lever that the accelertator cable connects to on the transmission of my 90' automatic I turned to Go Westy. It certainly isn't a part that anyone carries but I figured with all their "resoration" work they might have one laying around. Well, sure enough after only two days I got a reply from them saying their transmission guy had one! Yay! So for $20 and a few dollars shipping it is on its way.

I know they take a lot of heat for the cost of their Westys but this is twice in the last three months that I have received some exceptional service from them.

Please don't read this as saying they are any better than other vendors we all use - that isn't the point at all. I just thought I would give credit where credit was due.

-- Thanks,

Jeff 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful, It's naked inside - IT'S ALIVE!) 86' (We call this one Parts) 85' GL (Sidelined and feeling neglected)