Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2007 12:05:33 -0400
From:         Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Everybus 2007 (Our First Time)

Good for your 14-year-old! Please fix her how to repair her own van - I wish my dad had taught me.

(The fact that we didn't own a motor vehicle and he didn't know a thing about car repair is neither here nor there. Just as the fact that he only spoke English and my mom speaks English & Yiddish didn't matter at all when I was mad at them for not having brought me up fluent in German, when my two best friends were bilingual.)

I hope typing vanagon emails doesn't count as violating the moment of silence. I am wearing orange and listening to solemn church bells as I type. Indeed, they sound much more solemn than usual.

Joy

**************************************************************** Joy Hecht now living in a real house in northern Virginia and Matilda, 1989 Burgundy Vanagon now living in the driveway and resting after two and a half years lugging Joy and her stuff around...

For musings about life traveling in the van or living in one place: http://www.joyhecht.net

:::-----Original Message----- :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf :::Of Jeff Ensing :::Sent: Friday, April 20, 2007 10:21 AM :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM :::Subject: Re: Everybus 2007 (Our First Time) ::: :::This was our first year also. ::: :::It was a wonderful time! I met a lot of great people and look forward :::to :::meeting more of you at upcoming events. ::: :::Our fourteen year old got bitten by the VW bug bad !! she is now hell :::bent :::on having a VW to start restoring for her fifteenth birthday coming up! ::: :::Thanks to Hans for having the Vanaru there to test drive also. :::It was an interesting perspective on transplants and gear ratios for me. ::: ::: :::Thank you to Chris and whomever else made this happen it looks like quite :::an :::undertaking and I really appreciate that we have events like this to go :::to. ::: :::The trip was a success mechanically . :::On the way up we picked up a tank of gas with some water in it . This :::was :::easily drained ( and spotted) ::: because of the pre pump clear filter I use . ::: :::We decided at the last minute because of the weather coming to leave late :::Saturday night. :::I was sorry we did not get to say some more good byes but I was glad we :::broke camp before that rain! ::: :::Our only glitch on the way home was losing the trailer lights, which I :::noticed right away :::(and so did the South Carolina state troopers !) :::Once they established my trailer did Not have 100 lbs of pot , and we :::were :::no threat to homeland security they humbly let me fix my lights which :::just :::turned out to be a dead short where the running lights were pinched by :::the :::safety chain bolt six years ago .... and just now decided to show up. ::: :::Great time guys ... looking forward to the next one! ::: :::Jeff E. , Leela and Asalyn too :::Atlanta , Ga. :::87' Westy "weekender" :::91' GL "Drop dead red" ::: ::: ::: ::: :::************************************** See what's free at :::http://www.aol.com.