Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:07:07 -0700
From:         Jim Arnott <jr.arnott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Gmail Delays?
Comments: To: Loren Busch <starwagen@gmail.com>

I apologize for my delay in replying to this question. I have been at a seminar on the other end of the country for the past few days.

Any delay that is being experienced is on Google's side. I have both my eoni account and my gmail account subscribed. The mail comes in fairly regularly on the eoni account and as others have reported, in 'clumps' from gmail.

There could be any number of reasons for this, but none that Tom or I have any control over. When we see this behavior at eoni, it usually is an overloaded spam filter though we also see it when the border systems are experiencing an extremely high volume of mail.

Nonetheless, unfortunately, there is no 'fix' on this end. And given the user cost of gmail, I suspect that getting Google interested might take some doing. Mail delays can be complex problems to solve.

Regards,

Jim