Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:35:28 -0700
From:         BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dealers and E-code lights
Comments: To: David Hally <davegh@pacbell.net>

On 4/20/07, David Hally <davegh@pacbell.net> wrote: > > A while ago I bought a pair of e-code lights for my 90 vanagon. I just > got the headlights, with no bulbs, wiring connectors, bulb boots, or > running light sockets. I was able to get part numbers for the sockets > and boots (thanks, Frank), but none of my local parts guys or dealers > could find a listing or were interested in looking further- NA! I > finally called several dealers in San Jose, and finally Lewis VW's > Parts guy said he didn't have them, but his computer showed that VW > Santa Cruz (whom I had tried) had one boot and that Santa Monica VW had > two! A call to Santa Monica and they are on the way, They had the > sockets too, but at $16.00 ea, I'll get them at a junk yard (Golf, > Passat, Fox part). > Anyway, I guesse the point of this post is that SOME parts guys still > care and have a clue! > See Ya, > Dave Hally >

Dave,

The rubber boot sare the same as the garden variety round Hella H4's. Same goes for the sockets and lights. New aftermarket sockets are $5 each side from my local retailer in SF. I'll have to check my spare e-codes to look over the "city light" sockets. As I recall they were stock items on some US models too.

BenT