Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:39:02 EDT
From:         Jeff Ensing <Kjmmensing@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Everybus 2007 (Our First Time)   /   canvas water repellant
Comments: To: dellaone@GMAIL.COM

* In a message dated 4/20/2007 9:22:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dellaone@GMAIL.COM writes: * BTW,

On Saturday night, we switched sleeping places with the kids and slept on the top bunk. Anyone that was at EB knows that it rained cats and dogs and was quite windy through Saturday night (we were up in the so-called "hippy corner" up against a row of cedar trees) and I heard the rain and wind all night. At times comforting (the rain) and times troubling (the wind), I found the upper bunk quite comfortable, and had more room to stretch out my legs. I didn't even have a problem making my middle of the night foray to the bathroom (guys over 50 will understand). The only problem we experienced was in the morning, when my wife realized that the T-shirt that she had taken off had been touching the canvas during the night. It was soaked. That was the only thing that sucked moisture through the canvas, but fortunately didn't spread anywhere else.

Other than that, I quite liked sleeping "upstairs".

Dave

Hmm...I guess I should have thought of that too ( swapping for the top ) That's the reason I decided to leave than was I looked up there and saw Asalyns "nest " of comforters all touching the canvas and knew it would not be a good night for her.

I started thinking about treating the canvas after that. anyone have any good products besides 5 cans of scotch guard that will " rain proof " the top canvas?

Jeff E. Atlanta , Ga. 87' Westy "weekender" 91' GL "Drop dead red" ( now living in Canada with Blair )