Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:35:31 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thermostat woes--or--?
Comments: To: gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET

How about do you have the correct thermostat? A number of books list a VW or audi stat that is very similar in appearance. Unfortuantely, the lower bypass disc is the wrong diameter-too large. It gets wedged in the opening when it opens holding it so it will not close. As for backwards instalation, does not fit and if it did, it would never open since the hot coolant will not reach the expansion bulb.

Dennis