Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Apr 2007 07:12:32 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy Shower Solution --- now on Sale
Comments: To: Joy Hecht <hecht.joy@GMAIL.COM>

I use one of these:

http://tinyurl.com/2sbyw6

Mike C. saids that he uses the 5 gallon version. The nozzle/cap unscrews leaving an opening plenty wide for the garden hose drain, and these jugs fold pretty close to flat. If you're as frugal with your downsink water as it sounds like you are, then it can takes several days before this medium-sized one fills up and a dump location is needed.

Get two, after a season of use they can develop leaks in the corners from the folding and unfolding.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

Joy Hecht typed: > I'm with you on that! I don't wash dishes in the sink in such places unless > it's just a matter of, say, rinsing a knife that I used to cut fruit. Use > the bathroom sink if needed (and possible), make sure to dump all food > scraps in the trash, wipe out bowls or pots with a paper towel very well > before getting water involved. > > I should have a hose and a jug, I know. But a jug full of gray water is one > more thing to have to find room for until you can find the right place to > dump it. > > > Joy > > :::-----Original Message----- > :::From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf > :::Of Michael Elliott > :::Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:51 AM > :::To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > :::Subject: Re: Westy Shower Solution --- now on Sale > ::: > :::I make it a habit to always run my sink drain (bit of garden hose, like > :::Mike describes) into a jug, also. If I was doing "dispersed camping", > :::i.e., no assigned camp sites in a large area, I might get a little > :::lazier, but most of my camping is in places where one parks the van in > :::defined sites. I figure that if I leave a wet spot behind with a little > :::grease, coffee cup rinsings, soap (even biodegradable) and food > :::particles -- and the next person does, and the next, and the > :::next...after a while the whole area where the vehicle is meant to park > :::would get grotty. > ::: > :::-- > :::Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > :::71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > :::84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > :::74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano > :::KG6RCR > ::: > ::: > ::: > :::Mike Collum typed: > :::> Joy Hecht wrote: > :::>> Wow! Do they slash your van to pieces if you run water in your sink, > :::>> too? > :::> > :::> Only if you let drain to the ground, Joy. Surely you put a gray water > :::> catchment tank under there, don't you? > :::> > :::> I use a 5 gallon collapsible with a short length of garden hose from > :::the > :::> sink drain which runs inside it. A standard female garden hose > :::> connector screws right to the sink drain. > :::> > :::> Mike > :::> >