Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:47:00 -0400
From:         Jim Akiba <syncrolist@BOSTIG.COM>
Subject:      Southern Utah Advice?

Can anyone help establish a few things that we shouldn't miss in so. Utah? Brady, our buddy Dan, and Myself are going to be going to so. Utah after the SDM07 event in Hollister for the week following. So we have from Sunday the 6th until Monday the 14th to get from Hollister hills to salt lake city.

BTW I should give props where they are due... Mike H., Andy B. and John S. all need our sincerest of thanks. We couldn't have any kind of vacation otherwise. This is our first break longer than a few days in several years. Mike and Andy are letting us deliver their conversions after we get back from SDM as if we had to work straight through we'd obviously miss the event... and John is not only letting us drive his syncro voodoo child from Milwaukee to Hollister, but is then also letting us borrow it for the week after to check out southern Utah! This is what I'm talking about... in this business we end up with customers more like friends and family than customers, and I bet the vanagon world is one of the very few places this could happen. I have to thank the group as a whole too for being "vanagon people". I'm not sure what that really means yet, maybe someday it'll be clearer but I'm pretty sure that it means something good. Anyhow back to the topic at hand. I have never been to Utah at all, a statement which generates all kinds of excitement because apparently I'm missing out... I don't want to miss out anymore. Please help! Also if anyone is around and wants to meet up, let's do it!

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: dylan friedman [mailto:insyncro@YAHOO.COM] Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:50 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Need a New Exhaust System, S&S Any Good?

Save your money on the S&S being in NY. I had one last less than two years from brand new. It rusted and cracked and is not what I consider to be an upgrade from stock. I used it with an K&N fitercharger and saw maybe 5% increase in power, minimal at best.

I now have Stebro installed and would consider Terry K's stainless stock muffler And Frank's stainless header pipes and Stebro mufflers over S&S anyday. Both mufflers have warranties as well.

dylan

----- Original Message ---- From: Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:24:27 AM Subject: Re: Need a New Exhaust System, S&S Any Good?