Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:34:04 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: That VW Brown...

> > They make you feel puny and absurd > in your brown hippy bus.

They should be the ones feeling absurd. Lets see them take that RV to a local store because they forgot something (without major difficulty), think about how much more gas they have to pay for, and then there is the fact that you could buy three Westy's at Go Westy prices and still have spent less on your rig than they did on theirs - oh and speaking of price - I'm sure your Westy doesn't have a 30 year mortgage on it.

My dad has one of those beasts - and while I can see their draw in some ways - they have no charm, chracter, or utility. They are a separate entity and I don't really think they can be compared equally to a Westy. Apples and Oranges....

And while I'm at it what is up with all those swoops and stuff that Don mentioned? I mean the last thing I think of when I see an RV is the Ocean or waves or whatever....At least old time RVs and campers had Pine tress and Bears and stuff on them - at least that somewhat represented "camping".

-- Thanks,

Jeff 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful, It's naked inside - IT'S ALIVE!) 86' (We call this one Parts) 85' GL (Sidelined and feeling neglected)