Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:35:18 -0700
From:         Bruce Warner <bwarner@COLORTECHNOLOGY.COM>
Subject:      Re: That VW Brown...
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

I had an 84 vanagon GL (now have an 80 ASI Riviera vanagon camper) with the brown/tan color scheme and after going over it with rubbing compound and wax the color and condition of the paint was amazing. I think that these colors (browns and oranges in particular) have a lot of manganese in them which helps preserve the color. I was told this by a fellow Triumph owner whose 80 TR7 is the original orange and looks great for it's age. Don't know if this is true but it makes sense. So it might make sense to keep this color just for the sake of aging. --Bruce