Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Apr 2007 17:18:12 +0000
From:         Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Temp 2 replacement in 2.1 (archives searched)
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

What I do is: Engine is cold. Have the new sensor with a new o-ring on it. Unplug the old one from the blue plug. Pull the clip. Use your fingers or some pliers to start pulling the old one out. Have the new one in your other hand. As soon as the old one is out start shoving the new one in it's place until the coolant stops coming out. Look at the old one to be sure that the old o-ring came out with it. If not you are going to have to pull the new one out and fish the old o-ring out. If you got both the sensor and o-ring then just finish pushing the new sensor into place and then reinstall the clip and plug it in.

If you do it quickly you won't loose enough coolant to really matter. Maybe a few tablespoons full.

Hope this helps, Ken Wilford John 3:16 www.vanagain.com

-------------- Original message -------------- From: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>