Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:42:16 -0400
From:         benoit <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic VS customer (i need you imput!)
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@charter.net>

One last thing, i'm no 20yo painter, far from that, i have not enough knowledge as to paint match (pale, darker), that is why i was very happy with Valspar product, i did one red metalic last year and the match was almost perfect. But what i have is the ability to "Shoot" (handle that paint gun), i had no idea i could be as good (comming from another painter), so with the use of a SATA Digital Gun (850$), the result is, for me, simply amazing! this paint job as NO dust, no orange peel what so ever. And of course, no "Paint drip". I had to push over 10 customers farther because of that job, i should not have taken that job, every time i see a Dove Blue re-painted van in the shop, it's never the same color, i now know better.

This is also why i don't do partial job. It's is dificult to take good paint job picture up close, but someone said it's nice from 10 feets, this paint job is super nice from 1 feet away... i will take out the big gun today, my Canon Rebel XTI.... and will put one or 2 hi-res pictures online.

As professional as i can be, as honnest as i can be..... you don't know me, if that guys piss me off to much, the van will return to it's original shape! and i won't charge him a dime. I will remove 1000$ (about the paint cost + the labor for painting), and he should not even try to contact me again, period.

Cheers, Ben