Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2007 09:59:23 -0600
From:         Gregor Brandt <gbrandt@MARIONETTE.CA>
Subject:      Dieing problem driving me nuts

;86 Westy

Ok, I've spent the entire week on this. Tomorrow I have to drive from Winnipeg back to Calgary and I don't know if I will make it. I believe I have two problems...and I can't find either one.

Problem 1 Van hesitates at cruising speed or very light throttle. Just a small surge, almost like lugging the engine in too high a gear. -Changed fuel filters -visually inspected fuel system

Problem 2 When driving over bumps, or sometimes by itself, the van tach will drop to zero. Obviously this is an electrical problem. -Checked every wire I could get my hands on, wiggled them while the engine was running, from the ignition switch to the distributor. I cannot make the problem occur by myself -redid all the grounds I could get my hands on. Ran through the van with an Ohm meter...resistance is zero or near zero in all cases

What do I do next? Besides slice my wrists and be done with the problem :-)

Thanks Gregor