Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Apr 2007 12:17:26 -0400
From:         Karl Mullendore <groups@WESTYVENTURES.COM>
Subject:      Re: That $42 K syncro is Canadian?
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

Don, all Canadian-spec Vanagons are also US-spec, and meet not only DOT and EPA but have the stickers that state so! The only changes to bring one in is the speedometer and the brake warning light. I've brought in two. :-) The 'other' item needed is the VW 'Letter of Conformity' (or Letter of non-conformity , whatever VW now calls it). VW will state that "we are not in the business of enabling US citizens to import gray-market cars to the US", but when presented with the facts and afore-mentioned stickers plus a little tirade I was able to get the letter no problem. There are 'other' ways of getting the letter, p-mail me if you get srerious again about buying a CA-spec van. NOTE: German-spec vans are a whole 'nuther story! Look for a US-type VIN, if it has ZZZ in it, it is not a US/CA VIN.

Karl