Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Apr 2007 08:39:48 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: wiring and fuses for 80/100w bulbs
Comments: To: groups.florian@GMAIL.COM

Yes, the red white wire ZI was referring to is for the 3 stage cooling fans used with the AC instaltions, 87 and later. As for an unfused wire, the Vangon is loaded with them including the one there now. How about completely un fused circuits for the fuel pump or ignition? A fusible link is an easy way to high current, save the wore fusing. Fuse links are available at your flaps, usually on the electrical supply or HELP displays. proper link size is one wire guage below the wire size you are protecting. Example, a 10 gauge wire gets a 12 gauge link. So your intaltion should go as follows:

Decide weather to feed from battery or alternator. If from battery, beef up alternator to battery cable connection. Fuse link 10 gauge wire. Feed the relays out of relays into existing wiring from dimmer/high beam switch to fuse box. This will power lights through exisitng fuses, one for each high/low beam each side. Use output from dimmer switch to control relays.

Dennis