Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:29:04 EDT
From:         David Clarkson <Dvdclarksn@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Mechanic VS customer (i need you imput!)
Comments: To: huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA

In a message dated 4/28/2007 1:40:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA writes:

http://www.benplace.com/87_dove_blue.htm

First of all, nice work Ben. You should be proud of your fine craftsmanship as should your customer. I am a service advisor at our local Honda dealership and am the one that is the first line with our customers. I do have to deal with customers that can sometimes be difficult and often unreasonable. Sometimes in a situation where a customer is dissatisfied I have to think of what is a reasonable way to retain a customer that may have a 40 year relationship with the dealership. I generally find that the best approach is to simply ask the customer what they would like to have done to rectify the situation. Often their request is substantially less than what you may have offered. When thinking of retaining the customer often I will offer free or discounted regular maintenance services that will ensure that the customer is going to come back. Of course, no two customers are the same and there is no one answer that works with every customer and every situation. There are very few instances where you would not want a customer to return and give you repeat business. Unless this is one of those customers then get him to leave feeling like his needs were met and his money was well spent. I doubt that there is anyone else in your area that gives the same quality of service and attention to detail that you do. Talk to your customer and do what if fair for both of you, it may be simpler and less expensive than you think.

David Clarkson 90 Westy (238k)