Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:34:58 +1000
From:         Stephen Overmyer <S.OVERMYER@UWS.EDU.AU>
Subject:      The 300k club

Admittedly it is 300,000kms not miles, but on the way to work this morning I clocked up this significant milestone...as it were. Original engine (except for the heads), gearbox and clutch. Even the exhaust is the original, although I am planning to replace that soon cuz it rattles since a baffle sounds like it has come loose. Minimal oil consumption and still maintains the 10L/100kms it has always achieved. Still, a good effort and I thought (for the benefit in particular of any new listees) the archives should have some more positive accounts of T3 ownership and reliability with only regular routine maintenance...:-) BTW, on May 5th 07 we celebrate 15 years together since purchasing the van. Seems like only yesterday she was brand spankin' new with something like 7. 5 kms on the clock... Ahhh the memories... ( queue cheesy Barbara Streisand soundtrack "The Way We Were"...) Cheers, Steve O NSW Australia '92 Transporter WBX Kombi '00 Transporter Double Cab '03 Transporter Double Cab (work truck) '78 Land Rover Series 3 109 soft top ute (ex-Aust.Army) '07 Passat Variant TDI (on order from the Fatherland....hopefully here in June) "It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone would be stupid enough to try to pass them"