Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2007 11:54:40 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Last word on tach going to zero?
Comments: To: Gregor Brandt <gbrandt@MARIONETTE.CA>

I don’t think it is fixed. But the ECU back. If it suddenly fails, then you have to suspect a bad connection at the ECU.

One place to look is at the fuse box. The power for the ignition goes from the switch, into the fuse box, and back out. The connections on the plugs are known to corrode or burn up. I don’t recall the plug and pin numbers, but my repair has been to place a jumper across those two wires. If you look at the Bentley schematic, follow the current trace and the pins will be apparent.

Dennis