Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2007 12:05:52 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: ATF leaking into differential; now Governor or torque seal?
Comments: To: Dennis <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

I wasn't having problems with the torque converter ('88 Westy), but I did have the mess of oil all over the front of engine, wires, hoses, etc. So, a couple of things. A new gasket for the final drive sump is around $32.00, but I think some use "The Right Stuff" gasket maker instead. There are also newer, longer bolts for the sump pan. I didn't find this out until after I put it back on with the new gasket. Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis" <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:50 AM Subject: Re: ATF leaking into differential; now Governor or torque seal?