Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 May 2007 23:07:14 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: It is pretty easy to work on,
              that Inline 4 transplant motor...

There's a special tool for removing the clips but I got good with screwdrivers etc., so I never bothered.

Definitely more room around the 1-4 engine that the in the car it came from.

I'm interested in hearing about the difference the new cam makes. You will notice more if you get a tuned set of downpipes, like on the South African I-4.

If you can get your hands on a double exhuast manifold with the rectangular 6 bolt flange, and a tuned set of double down pipes such as come with the Tiico you can pick up some more hp from that engine.

One of the easier things to do on a "Rabbit" engine is change the water pump. It can be done in less than an hour. The flat rate book for the WBX water pump replacement is 3.2 hours. I have done both and I'll take the I-4 any day.

Robert

1982 Westfalia '95 Golf engine 5-speed trans

____________________________________________________________________________________ Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check. Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta. http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/newmail_tools.html