Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2007 00:09:01 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Tomorrow is THE "S" day!

"It's like when you "Break-up" with someone, it's hard at first, but as soon as you meet a new exciting new person, you forget real quick about the last one....

This is what is happening to me now, after a hard winter, too many days working like a dog, put my real blood on that van, i had the good new this weekend that Hans from Vanaru.com was comming today with my new 2.5L Subaru engine... so i push my customers farter this week and took 2 days FOR MYSELF! So today, i removed the "2.1L Tornado red" engine out of my van (50 minutes), remove the old harness and PS pump (1 hour), push the van on the lift (45 minutes, he he), remove gaz tank, change main metal water pipe for Syncro platic pipe, change engine to front heater hoses, took a coolant shower, no, 2! Put new fuel tank in, took fuel shower (yea, long story), fix some little things.. a good 6-7 hours.

I felt kind of sad in some ways, i have work hard on that 2.1L (pretty powerfull also... i'm giving up "part" of the van...yea, it's ok, i'm no purist, we are in 2007, those engine were design in the 70'.. time to move foward.

Anyway, short story, Hans call me and he had to leave PA later (1pm), so i had all day to prepare the van (40 pictures tomorrow).. so i close the shop and go home and i hope for the best for Hans who will pass custom soon... of course, i get THE call when close to home: Ben, i'm at the border, they want 700$!!! for custom fee's (Canadian taxes, remember, the free trade between Canada, USA and Mexico... yea!) and i have forget my Credit card.... Grrrr... So i turn around and leave for the US/Canada custom (30 min)... i pay Custom fee, i go see Hans who is waithing for me patiently.. we say HI and talk some, like we always do (he is a cool dude, believe me! Hans love what he does, no, he is crasy about it!, so we understand each other)..

So, I WANNA SEE MY ENGINE!!!!!!!!!! (i'm the one buiding engine normally???)

He open the door of that beautifull Silver 87 Westy.... he said WAIT! i have a surprise... YEAAAAAAAAAA! i little touch from Vanaru! Power coated Tornado Red intake.... Power coated black Alternator!!! Mmmmmm..... what a nice engine, i see all the nicely built harness, parts (thanks John!)... Men, you made my month!

I can wait for tomorrow! This Tornado Red Subaru powered Vanagon will be my dream camper van...

In French, we say: "La cerise sur le sunday", now, figure out what in mean!

Ben http://www.benplace.com/85westy_2_mecanique2.htm