Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 May 2007 22:39:54 -0700
From:         Kevin Carrubba <kcarrubba@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Intermitant No Start

Hi Folks, A couple of months ago I posted about an intermittent no start. So I went through all the normal steps I so thought. New IMI starter, new ignition switch, cleaned the grounds and it would still not start at total random but fine like 90% of time. Many of you gave me some great suggestions but I got busy with work and the westy sat for almost 2 months. So today I received another ignition switch thinking that it had to be the culprit and if not whatever it's only $10. I go to put it in and start to think I need to check the wire all the way back to the starter and then do a continuity test. I follow it just to where it starts to curve up under the dash, and there I can't believe it there are a few splices come to find out the PO had an alarm system. Well 2 hours later and half the dash pulled, (damn why didn't I order a new heater fan?) that is gone as well as an ancient cell phone hands free kit. I have a few more things to button up and hopefully I'm back to happy trouble free motoring with a few more lessons learned.

Have a great weekend!

Kevin 87 Westy > EJ22