Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2007 08:52:31 -0700
From:         Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@PHAS.UBC.CA>
Subject:      Re: oil pressure
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@yahoo.com>

Oh I am not driving around, as I do have problems with the oil pressure I am just idling, getting it warm and see how it behaves. So the fan has to kick in as there is no wind blowing to the radiator. But I guess, it is quite high when it kicks in compared to what I had before, if I am not mistaken. You said it moves to the center of the gauge this is just on top of the location of the red warning light (for expansion tank level and too hot temperature) is it? I mean this light. It never comes too the top of the gauge, it just passes the center where the red light is located. So I do have perhaps bit high temperature in the water, but certainly I am not reaching the limit ;-) But yes perhaps I should change the thermostat too, its not that expensive ... Cheers Tomas

David Kao wrote: > --- Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@phas.ubc.ca> wrote: > > >> Hi David, >> thanks for your reply. Hm could be the water pump, even though I do not >> hear any noise. The engine just sounds great! One thing is after >> replacing the temperature sender, the water temperature rises until >> almost above the location of the red light, before the fan kicks in and >> levels it there. If I recall right, before the engine failure, the fan >> kicked in when the reading was before the red light location was >> touched. Could be that the water gets somehow too hot and the engine is >> just too hot, getting the oil too thin and the pressure drops to a too >> low level. >> > > Thomas: > > That's very strange. My temperature gauge never shoot up then drop back down like > that. It always moves up to the center of the gauge fast within one or two miles of > driving then stays there. The cooling fan never gets started until I run into a > traffic jam for a few minutes. The temperature gauge only moves higher after getting > into a trafic jam but it still stays clear from red line. It's time to check your > thermostat. > > David > > > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com >