Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 May 2007 20:37:07 -0700
From:         John Runberg <jrunberg@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Editorial opinion:  VW Collectors..Probable unpopular
              veiw..delete now
Comments: To: Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>

Don, no flame - just a different opinion.

I've bought and sold several Vanagons and Bays. I bet a lot of people on the list have sold many, many more. Several times, I was able to get a van cheaply and immediately sell it - sometimes for a healthy profit. Doesn't matter what model (none were synchros, however) -- am I still inflating the value if I sell it for the market amount? Nope. It's just the original seller had reasons for selling it cheaply.

<LVC> Case in point: while at Everybus a few years ago I bought a 60's surfboard in great shape for far, far less than normal. I let the seller tell me what he wanted for it - the price is what it was worth to him. He got what he wanted, and so did I (a great board to look at, a great board to ride... carefully). </LVC>

Same for Vanagons. People w/ $$$ will always pay more than someone who's budget is much less. Sometimes, just because they can. Sometimes because they don't care. Sometimes because they don't bother knowing any better. Same for sellers, I guess?

john