Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 May 2007 19:41:38 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      anybody got an old hubcap?

I need just one hubcap for my 84, and I bet someone out there who has upgraded to !5" alloys or something probably kept their old wheel covers somewhere up in the rafters or something. After my recent tire shuffle, somehow one of the wheel covers got miss-installed and turned up missing...I hate to have to buy a whole set and I don't care for Vanagons with bare rims..makes the wheels look Teenie weenie...

The ones I have (3 of them, now) are silver painted plastic, meant to look like wire spoke wheels, I guess. They have like 32 crossed "spokes" and a solid center "hub" with a VW Logo and some phony plastic lugnuts...sounds awful, when you type it out, but they actually look pretty OK...from more than a few feet away.

If anyone thinks they may have one I could send a pic and see if they might match. Or I could get two different ones...put two of each on opposite sides of the beautiful Brown stealth van. Or I could toss these and put on 4 others.

Thanks, Don Hanson