Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 May 2007 20:47:15 -0700
From:         Don Hanson <dhanson@GORGE.NET>
Subject:      Well, my first van... No vanagon content..

Didn't make me a millionaire..

But I once scooped in a whole swarm of bees at full speed...About 65mph..while driving to Yosemite to rockclimb..Had both windshields wide open on the South African split window, while crossing the central valley of California in mid summer..We figured out, after that encounter, that we had to open the rear hatch, also, when driving with the windshield open..that way, the bees could pass right through and not get all pissed off..

On a continuation of that same trip, we ran short of money somewhere in northern Idaho, on our way home to Jackson Hole, Wy. But, being creative, we stopped to pick some corn...from a field that had been harvested, but still had some 'culls' hanging, and gathered up some stones from the roadside...The side doors got tied open and I became the pheasant spotter..The 'door gunner' would lean out and let fly with a rock..We had a great barbeque..corn and pheasant..kept us full while we eeeked out almost 31mpg by coasting down hill with the motor off, etc..to make it back home..

Don Hanson