Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2007 01:06:59 -0700
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer.jupiter@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: POR 15 my way.
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@foxinternet.net>

Stirring. Dat's da woid yer lookin fer.

tim in san jose

On 5/7/07, Zoltan <zolo@foxinternet.net> wrote: > > I am using it now for quite awhile. My most problem with it, that I can't > open the can. If I pry on the lid, it would just pull the inside of the > can > out, but it won't open. So, I punched two opposing holes in it, turned in > bigger screws to plug them after I poured out some into a spray can top. > I use those small brushes that they sell by 30 in a pack for $2.00 in a > dollar store. > I throw the brush away when its dried hard, but I keep the can top for the > next job until it can serve me. > There was time when I could open the can's lid and eventually I found that > there is an ever more thicker hardening layer that I could not break up > with > a screw driver, but a hammer and a chisel. > Ever since I use the hole-and-screw method, I am getting paint out of the > can. If it would want to slow down, I blow a little compressed air on the > top hole and it would pour fast. > The only thing worries me; what will I do if I need the paint to be > steared > to get the bottom thick paint to mix with the thin top. It appear, that > the > black is not needing that much stearing (or is it steerign?). But the > silver has a lot of thick bottom to stear up. I really like the engine's > look when it is painted with that. The silver can I have to turn upside > down sometimes to get it mixed. > I find the POR 15 black and silver to be real good paint. > Use gloves and throw away mini brushes. I can wash off some spill or > paint > on the hand, with gas when its still fresh. > Vanagons by now need a lot of cleaning and POR 15 under, behind the > kitchen > unit, behind the rear washer tank, etc. > Zoltan > The List is great. My bread and butter. > >

-- Where ever you are, there you be. Unless you're driving my van, in which case, you ain't got there yet.