Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 12 May 2007 20:50:37 -0400
From:         Greg Marshall <Mr.Marshall@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Re: Baffling clamp
Comments: To: mordo <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM>

I think one of the tabs that is supposed to go in the frame rail slots is bent down about 90 degrees. The bent one is closest to the nut. I recall when doing mine that their were two tabs that both bent towards each other and hooked into the frame. Tightening the bolt brought them closer together, thus securing them to the frame. It looks like on your clamp someone loosened the bolt until the top tab was free, then bent the whole bracket down until the bottom tab bent and popped out.

Greg 82 westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "mordo" <helmut.blong@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 8:26 PM Subject: Baffling clamp