Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2007 07:52:01 -0700
From:         Shawn Wright <vwdiesels@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Keep pouring oil in ...
Comments: To: Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>

Sounds like you got it figured out. Jim's advice on the '83 style tube made from brake line is good. Alternatively, you can make the Jetta tube work; that's what I did. 20w50 is ok, but it must have a C rating for diesel engines, usually CH/CI these days. If it doesn't don't worry too much. You are probably safe to use the non-diesel oil for 1/2 the standard oil change interval, then change it before it gets too soot loaded. C rated oils have additives to handle the soot of a diesel, among other things.

Shawn Wright http://members.shaw.ca/vwdiesels '88 Westy 1.6TD 5 speed '85 Jetta Diesel 1.6NA