Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 May 2007 14:41:00 -0400
From:         Ronald Michaels <rbm1024@NETSCAPE.NET>
Subject:      Declaration of Victory

Hi -

Some of you may remember that my Brown 85 Westy with Tennessee plates spent time at Metric Motors, Anderson, CA getting a Boston Exchange 2.1 engine installed. I am now glad to say that the vehicle runs great and my wife is pleased with her new engine after traveling from Anderson to Portland to Arco, Idaho. (State highways, so as to not exceed break in speeds)

The choices that I looked at were the Boston Bob 2.1 stock outright or the GoWesty 2.2 exchange, for a few more dollars. Because I suspected that the old engine might not meet the GoWesty engine core checklist, I decided that by going with Bob, I could cap my cost and not have to eat a lot of core charges.

Next up is my 84 Westy. After seeing and hearing Benny's new Subaru powered Westy, I am seriously thinking about going down that path, but in white. The engine sound is simply glorious! I have been told that the Subaru engine will make a van go faster; seeing and hearing it is so much more impressive.

Ron