Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 May 2007 22:29:41 -0500
From:         vt <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tires!
Comments: To: Rob <becida@COMCAST.NET>

I don't mean this to be a Costco promo .... but....

A couple of years ago, I purchased four tires from our local Costco store for my 84 Westy .... They balanced and mounted them and I went on my way .... It must have been 5-6 thousand and several months later .... and I received a personal phone call from the local Costco store requesting that I call the tire shop ... I did ....

Imagine my surprise when the fellow told me the company had reviewed my tire purchase and determined they had sold and sent me away with the right size tires but that the tires were not sufficient for the weight of my vehicle. I was told they had ordered and had on hand my correct tires and I could show up at my convenience to have the replacements put on the bus.

Imagine my surprise, even more, when I offered to pay the difference in price and they sent me off with a thanks for coming back to let them correct their error at no additional charge - and I had not known the error had been made in the first place.

Of course, just last week, I went back to have a couple of the tires again replaced, and learned that Costco no longer can acquire the required tires ... I was referred to another local distributor ....

Sam Conant ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida@COMCAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 2:53 PM Subject: Tires!