Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 13 May 2007 22:51:33 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: About Busfusion.... (read that you lazy American)
Comments: To: Mike Riley <mkriley@FUSE.NET>

Good question, if i remember right, the "K" letter was use among Indian, some European also use the K before anada or anata. If you think twice, what

the heck does Canada mean!

Maybe in mean that: Kanada (also transliterated as Kanad and in other ways; Sanskrit &#2325;&#2339;&#2366;&#2342;) was a Hindu sage who founded the philosophical school of Vaisheshika. He is considered as the father of Atom theory. He probably lived around 600 BCE according to some accounts. It is believed that he was born in Prabhas Kshetra (near Dwaraka) in Gujarat, India. His area of study was Rasav&#257;tam, considered to be a type of alchemy. In his text, the Vaishashik Darshana, he

describes an atomic theory more than a century before Democritus developed one in ancient Greece. He believed that all objects were comprised of nine elements: earth, water, light, wind, ether, time, space, mind and soul.

That is a funny one...

No, Wiki is right, it came from Kanata! here is the full story:

The name Canada originated around 1535 from the Saint-Lawrence Iroquoian word kanata meaning "village", "settlement",or "collection of huts", another

contemporary translation was "land".[2] This Iroquoian language was spoken by the inhabitants of Stadacona and the neighbouring region near present-day

Quebec City in the 16th century,[6] with words having similarities to those in related languages such as Mohawk (e.g., kaná:ta’, "town").[7][8] Jacques Cartier was first to use the word "canada" to refer not only to the village of Stadacona but also to the neighbouring region and to the Saint Lawrence River, which he called rivière du Canada. By 1545, European books and maps

began referring to this region as Canada.

While the First Nations origin for the name Canada is now widely accepted, other possible explanations have been put forward in the past. One theory suggested that the name originated when Spanish explorers, not having explored the northern part of the continent, wrote acá nada ("nothing here") on that part of their maps.[5]

The funny part is i'm 1/4 Iroquois, 1/4 German, 1/4 English (British) and 1/4 French... so i'm a Bastard. The only thing i know for sure is that my old old old grand dad was a French officer aboard a war ship, he then had fun with an nice Iroquois indian lady.... now, my grand dad, still alive at 97, was maried also to an Iroquois, that lady was my nanny.

Now i understand why i'm a savage!

Now, tell me you had an interesting evening reading all my crapy post!

Ok, i have to confess, today was my day OFF, it mean NOT working, you know what i did, putting THE camping gear into that red van.. yea, it maybe nice,

but it was rebuilt for one and only one purpose... travel! Why travel..to be

less... stupid! and go to Busfusion to have some fun. Now back to the original post

Ben