Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2007 11:17:16 -0500
From:         Matt Roberds <mattroberds@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hella style driving lamp, or else.
Comments: cc: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

> From: Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA> > Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 08:19:09 -0400 > > I'm looking for VERY thin (not deep) 5 or 6in round light, as i know > nothing about all those (fog VS night driving VS dayligh) i'm seeking > help!

You've probably driven in the fog with regular headlights and found that the high beams are actually worse - they point up, into the fog. Using the low beams works better. Fog lights are the same idea, but mounted lower - they are designed to put out a wide but not very tall beam, so you can see the road without having light reflected into your face.

Night driving lights are designed to get lots of light out in front of the car. Some of them have a fairly narrow beam - you can see a long distance straight down the road, but not very well on the sides of the road. Others have a beam that spreads out more - you can't see quite as far, but you can see wider.

There is more information about fog lamps here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/lights/fog_lamps/fog_lamps.html

The same guy also sells fog and driving lights: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

I've never bought anything from him, but in talking with the guy online, he seems like he knows what he's doing.

You might also look for shops (either online or locally) that sell things to the 4x4/4WD/off-road people. Some of them put lots of extra lights on their trucks and Jeeps, so those shops should have the lights.

> (how the heck do you write "grille, grill, grid???),

Either "grille" or "grill".

Matt Roberds