Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 May 2007 21:10:21 -0400
From:         Joe Federici <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      spray bed liner on propane tank?

I sand blasted it before taking it and then it dipped there. I'm positive it will last longer then the van. Powder coating is like anything else in this world. . . . you get what you pay for. If you've had bad experiences with it I'd it had to do with poorly preped parts.

JFF

My advice is different. Powder coating is fine if they can take off all the rust. Don't bet on it. My advice is to clean it as much as you can with a power tool that has a wire wheel in it and after paint it twice with silver POR 15. The bottom side and the front one should spray it with bedliner, BEFORE the paint dries, when its still tacky. If the label on the side of the tank is bulging with rust, it is probably done. The wall thickness of the tank is compromised beyond acceptable limits. In that case get rid of it. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Federici" <joefederici@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, May 14, 2007 3:49 PM Subject: Re: spray bed liner on propane tank?