Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 May 2007 11:25:42 -0700
From:         Markus Mumper <markusmumper@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Editorial opinion: VW Collectors..Probable unpopular
              veiw..delete now or flame

On 5/8/07, joe trussell <vanagongl@hotmail.com> wrote: > > I think that selling a Vanagon is less about profit (from my perspective > there is no such thing as Vanagon monetary profit) and more about > interviewing prospective adoptive parents. >

That's funny -

When we bought our current Westy the owners, a middle aged couple from New Zealand, basically interviewed us when we went to look at the van. The only reason they were selling is that they were going back to New Zealand and the van would not fit in their shipping container (although their MG would).

It was a little chilly and I was wearing a beanie. The wife asked me if I was a surfer, I said no. She said good because they would not sell to a surfer because they don't have enough money to take care of a van!

We proceeded to go into their kitchen, talked for about half an hour and I guess we passed - they sold us the van. She was an '87 Westy with recently re-built heads, about 130,000 total miles and pretty much flawless EXCEPT for the stupid seam rust at the utility ports. This was three years ago and we got her for $6,000 which in retrospect was a good price.

Maggie, Markus and The Girl.