Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 16 May 2007 10:27:15 -0700
From:         PB <pbrattan@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: FLAPS? not in my experience (No Van Content)

I thought FLAPS was an auto parts chain that didn't exist in California! Occasionally the employees ARE very helpful. At the local Pep Boys, they have a customer "advisor." This young lady was very knowledgeable. When I asked her to explain the long list of recommendations on the estimate for a brake job on our Suburban, she took out charts and diagrams, and even walked us over to the car, which was on the lift, and showed us everything she had explained - and all in lay terms, which was what I needed. I'm sure she can talk shop with those who already know the terms, but it's a special skill to also be able to explain clearly to those of us who need it. With her explanation, we were able to prioritize the repairs and save the less necessary for later. Patti ****************************** On 5/16/07, joel walker <jwalker17@earthlink.net> wrote: > > Why do we refer to these places like that? Friendly Local Auto Parts > Store? I've not found most of the countermen("persons?) very friendly > at all..In fact, they seem downright rude, in most cases..Occasionally > you might get someone who actually knows something about vehicles. > Sometimes you get someone who even tries to be helpful, but in my > experience you usually get ignored for a while, and then some kinda > attitude or just a 'blank stare".. > FLAPS, my patootie! > > uh, there IS another F-word that fits those types of places. ;) > > joel >