Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 May 2007 09:05:23 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: INFO needed: Anybody have one of those SA 85 liter tanks?
              These are the longer version of our 2wd tanks.
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>

Ben,

If the van you're looking to install this in has a BA6 you'll need to relocate or remove it.

Chris

On 5/17/07, Kenneth Wilford <kenwilfy@comcast.net> wrote: > Ben, > > I have installed one of these several years ago for a customer. They do come with longer straps and a new rear mounting bar that you must attach since you cut away the original rear mounting area to allow for the longer tank. You also have to move the fuel pump and filter towards the back of the van. I seem to remember that the new length of the tank brings it in the area of where the fuel pump now bolts to the frame. The new rear mounting bar was just a metal bar that the rear of the straps could rest on and then it had two small legs that went up and mounted to the frame. > > That is about all I can remember. I had some pictures back in the day but I am not sure where they wound up. Hope this helps. > > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com > > -------------- Original message -------------- > From: BenT Syncro <syncro@GMAIL.COM> > > > I am hoping to find out how long these tanks are compared to the regular 2wd > > tanks. I spoke about this some months ago. Now I have a pair of spare steel > > 2wd tanks for my experiment. It looks to me that the longer tank is just a > > longer version of the regular tank. I have a couple of questions: > > > > 1) How long is the tank from the front edge to the rear edge? > > 2) How is it attached? It looks like the tank support straps are longer than > > the stock US straps. Where do they connect? > > > > > > I am installing this on a 2wd with auto trans. No, I do not plan on filling > > the valley of the tank to improve capacity even more. I just want to add a > > few more gallons. I found some who is willing to re-weld the used tanks > > (after a good cleaning). I still have to find someone to replace the vent > > tubes with a single but longer version. Someone posted a few weeks ago that > > they replaced all the rubber grommets with metal nipples and hoses instead. > > I might as well do that as well while I am at it. > > > > -- > > BenT >