Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 May 2007 06:46:39 -0700
From:         Paul Guzyk <paullist@GUZYK.COM>
Subject:      Esurance doesn't like Mulitvans either...

So I tried to insure a 90 Multivan with Esurance...they refused saying "it's a grey market vehicle because the VIN isn't valid"

Now this is a Multivan originally made for the US market and originally sold and always registered in the state of California. I tried explaining that to Esurance and they were not too receptive, even after I explained they were happy to insure my 1990 Vanagon Carat which is essentially the same vehicle without a pop-top.

Somehow US market full Westfalias and Multivans got in the "bad VIN database" at Esurance. The database they would use to decline European market Vanagons/Doka's etc with ZZZ and other non north american VINS ...

Time for me to look for a better insurance company...one that is friendly towards all Vanagons...

-Paul