Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 May 2007 08:08:16 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Electrical Help nEEDED - 90' Carat
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

The gray/blue is NOT ground! It is panel lighting and comes from fuse S20 in 1990 models. Check fuse S20 as if it was blown you would not have dash lights, if by dash lights you mean the lights for the speedo, tach, etc. Prior years use a different fuse location and some have no fuse for this.

On a related topic, this lighting wire comes from the adjustable wheel on the light switch. Make sure the wheel was not bumped to the fully dim position.

Also, for people who change their light switch, there are 2 different ones, 80-89 and 90+. The early switch "works" in all while the later switch does not allow the dash lights to work if installed in an 80-89.

Mark