Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 18 May 2007 15:37:03 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: 102mph - Turbo vs. 6-cylinder
Comments: To: Hans Achter <hansachter@HOTMAIL.COM>

Euuuu.... the turbo thing was a joke... By the way, John, Jim & Hans, you should all meet and have a beer...

You are all engine fanatic and you all do a great job.

Any engine that produce enough torque and over 130 hp is a great power plant for a Vanagon.

I also think that 167hp (in my case) is way more than needed for a Vanagon camper-owner, since i had mine, i strangly drive slower in average than before??? all because i feel that i don't need to rev or push the engine even for normal driving like i had too before with a wasser.

I already did 1000miles since the conversion... how come??? i take a longer route/road to go to work :-)

Some ask me about fuel consumption, well, for now, i didn't do any test, but i can tell you one thing for sure, in town, it's way better than any wasser.

I did 440km on one tank, mostly town and some freeway (fully loaded westy, yea, i'm ready to go!). I'm sure that if i drive the 2.5L at 65mph, smooth running, that i can easily reach 500-550km if not 600km per tank.

I said KM... he he he, now you do the math. Me, i do my share :-)

Regards, Ben