Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 19 May 2007 10:18:17 -0400
From:         Sam Conant <samcvt@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: i did it.. i just bought my first (NVC) car... straying from
              the marque...
Comments: To: David Milo <dellaone@GMAIL.COM>

Well folks, I enjoyed my 940 Volvo, until one day, traveling in rural VT on paved road, I hit some "Black Ice" at 35 MPH, skidded through and hit both sides of a bridge, accelerator jammed wide open, went into and across a ditch and about 40 yards up what I learned later is a 35% grade embankment.

When the car finally stopped, the hood was gone, the engine was sitting at a kant, the front wheels were off the axel, the roof was somewhat banged up, and everything inside the car was pretty much where it had been when the accident began to happen - with the exception of L1 in my back. That was the first of two events which damaged L1. The second one was after being thrown from my bicycle by a very young kid who came into my lane during a post-marathon bicycle race.

Despite all the commercial hype we see/hear on the media, I'm hear to write that it is really not difficult totaling a Volvo.

From that point on, the only rear wheel vehicle I've been willing to drive is the 84 Westy. ----- Original Message ----- From: "David Milo" <dellaone@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 9:36 AM Subject: Re: i did it.. i just bought my first (NVC) car... straying from the marque...