Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 May 2007 09:45:22 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 water pump [was: 102mph - Turbo vs. 6-cylinder]

--- Benny boy <huhuotbIVIDEOTRONA> wrote: > > About our (i should now say "your"...) beloved WaWasserngine, yesterday i > had to do a water pump on a nice 85, i rarely do those with the engine still > in the engine bay... it took me a good 4.5 hours, yea, why? because every > darn bolt broke!

You should have prayed before touching anything near that water pump.

I found the two long bolts attaching the thermostat housing to the pump very likely become frozen and broken when you try to unscrew them out. I had broken mine many times. 1/2 of the broken bolts stuck in the thermostat housing and I had to replace the housing. Another 1/2 will be stuck in the water pump. Well, the next is too painful to continue...

It seems this thermostat housing is no longer available from anywhere any more. So my next visit to the junkyard I will definitely try to stock them up for my two 1.9 wawasser

David

____________________________________________________________________________________Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos & more. http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC