Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 May 2007 08:24:01 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bummer, man--Gross Polluter
Comments: To: gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Are you sure the vacuum advance/retard is working properly? The design is to reduce timing advance under part throttle operation and full advance when needed. A quick check is to disconnect the retard from the manifold at idle. The timing should noticeably advance. If not, you need to find out why. Typical causes are bad diaphragm, incorrect throttle plate position or plugged port. Poor engine vacuum due to valve or other mis fire causes will keep this from working properly. If retard port is connected at the throttle, relocate to a tee at the fuel pressure regulator. This will give a better response.

Dennis