Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 May 2007 21:14:49 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Friday Story
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

I really doubt the combination of overfilling the crankcase and 10w- will solve the short term lifter noise. What you need to now is take a long trip at say 70-75 mph plus with some long hills for good measure. After you throw a rod the lifter noises will no longer be an issue. Don't forget tot call the water boxer engine a piece of crap afterwards. Then you will also have an excuse for a conversion of some type.

Dennis. More Friday humor.