Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 May 2007 12:04:37 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Propane regulator replacement on ASI conversion
Comments: To: Ellen in Oregon <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM>

Boy, learn something new everyday, which means I am not familiar with the ASI, but on the Westy, the regulator attaches directly to the valve on the tank and is not separately supported. The two copper lines then attach to the reg and up through the floor to the fridge and stove. And rebending those lines to accommodate the newer regulator is where people (me included) have some trouble. I recently made all new lines to replace the ones I mangled long ago. In your case, you could attach the reg. to the valve and then get a new rubber line, which, judging from the photos, might be a good idea. And some are going to say you shouldn't have rubber lines there in the first place. Another idea would be to get some galvanized sheet and make a new box or have a sheet metal shop make one for you, to accommodate the longer regulator. Did you get the plastic snap-on covers for the new regulator, to cover the vent? Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ellen in Oregon" <elleninoregon@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 11:16 AM Subject: Propane regulator replacement on ASI conversion